3/15/16 I started to take SeaCare – TBL-12 is a complex product with four different sea products. It is high quality, gelatinous, and shipped in from Australia. TBL-12 was first discovered by Sam Grant Sr, who in 1962 was given 6 months to live with Stomach Cancer. Sam took his family to the far end of Queensland and whille there he met and helped a Chinese fisherman who saw his deteriorating condition and showed him how to prepare the marine ingredients that still are used to make TBL-12. This formula made it through clinical trials and achieved “orphan drug” status before the developers ran out of money to continue the trial.
Sea Cucumber Found to Kill 95% of Cancer Cells, Shrink Tumors
Sea cucumber has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for hundreds of years, but they are relatively obscure in the U.S. This may be soon changing, however, as evidence mounts that sea cucumber extracts can kill cancer cells while stimulating the immune system.
Websites that have research data
Table of Contents (links below this list)
- Sloan Kettering
- PubMed 11421733 – Sea Cucumber & Herpes Simplex
- ” 12932123 3 substances in Sea Cucumber are toxic against 10 human tumor cell lines
- ” 15844944 6 substances in Sea Cucumber toxic to 10 human tumor cell lines
- article on healing mouth tissue
- ” 18841904 – structure of Sea cucumber
- ” 21756184 “
- anticoagulation properties of sea cucumber
- ” 23308143 – Sea Cucumber with lung, pancreatic, leukemia & breast cancer
- ” 26861868 3 substances that inhibited cancer cell prolif
- ” 26194305 Sea Cuc lowers glucose in insulin resistant mice
- ” 25984989 Anticancer agents in Sea Cucumbers
- ” PMC4446612 Sea Cucumber on Prostate cancer
- ” 15645493 Sea Cucumber may inhibit RTK’s
- Blogs about using Sea Cucumber
- From Sloan Kettering:
Scientific name: Staurocucumis liouvillei, Mensamaria intercedens Lampert, Cucumaria frondosa
Do not take if:
- You are allergic to seafood.
- You are taking anticoagulants: The polysaccharides present in sea cucumber may increase the effects of anticoagulants, increasing the risk of bleeding.
A branched-chain fatty acid known as 12-methyltetradecanoic acid, isolated from sea cucumber, is thought to inhibit prostate cancer cell proliferation by increasing caspase-3 activity (1). The proposed mechanism for the anti-angiogenic and antitumor effects of Philinopside A, a saponin derived from sea cucumber, is by inhibiting tyrosine kinase receptors (2). Frondoside A, a triterpenoid glycoside from Cucumaria frondosa, also has anti-angiogenic activity.
J Nat Prod 2001; 64(6):732-36. Two new trisulfated triterpene glycosides, liouvillosides A (1) and B (2), have been isolated from the Antarctic sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouvillei… Both glycosides were found to be virucidal against herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) at concentrations below 10 microg/mL.
3. Zou ZR, et al. Intercedensides A-C, three new cytotoxic triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Mensamaria intercedens Lampert. J Nat Prod 2003; 66(8):105560. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12932123
All three glycosides showed significant cytotoxicity against 10 human tumor cell lines
Intercedensides D-I, cytotoxic triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Mensamaria intercedens Lampert. Six new triterpene glycosides, intercedensides D-I (1-6), were isolated from the whole bodies of the sea cucumber Mensamria intercedens Lampert Intercedensides D-H (1-5) showed significant cytotoxicity (ED(50) 0.96-5.0 mug/mL) against 10 human tumor cell lines.
5. Taiyeb-Ali TB, et al. Efficacy of ’Gamadent’ toothpaste on the healing of gingival tissues: a preliminary report. J Oral Sci 2003; 45(3):153-59.
6. Antonov AS, Avilov SA, Kalinovsky AI, et al. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18841904
Triterpene glycosides from Antarctic sea cucumbers. 1. Structure of liouvillosides A1, A2, A3, B1, and B2 from the sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouvillei: New procedure for separation of highly polar glycoside fractions and taxonomic revision. J Nat Prod. 2008 Oct;71(10):1677-85.
7. Antonov AS, Avilov SA, Kalinovsky AI, et al. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21756184
Triterpene glycosides from Antarctic sea cucumbers III. Structures of liouvillosides A(4) and A(5), two minor disulphated tetraosides containing 3-O-methylquinovose as terminal monosaccharide units from the sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouvillei (Vaney). Nat Prod Res. 2011 Aug;25(14):1324-33.
8. Fonseca RJ, Santos GR, Mourão PA. Effects of polysaccharides enriched in 2,4-disulfated fucose units on coagulation, thrombosis and bleeding. Practical and conceptual implications. Thromb Haemost. 2009 Nov;102(5):829-36.
9. Attoub S, Arafat K, Ge´laude A, et al. Frondoside A Suppressive Effects on Lung Cancer Survival, Tumor Growth, Angiogenesis, Invasion, and Metastasis. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(1): e53087. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0053087 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23308143
Recent studies demonstrate that low concentrations of Frondoside A inhibit the growth and induced apoptosis of human pancreatic, leukemia and breast cancer cells via caspase activation
2016 Mar;51(3):321-34. doi: 10.1007/s11745-016-4128-y. Epub 2016 Feb 10.
three glucocerebroside series of sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa were isolated and evaluated in HepG2 cells all of three glucocerebroside series exhibited an inhibitory effects on cell proliferation.
Fucoidan from sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa exhibits anti-hyperglycemic effects in insulin resistant mice via activating the PI3K/PKB pathway and GLUT4.
12. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25984989 2015 May 12;13(5):2909-23. doi: 10.3390/md13052909.
Sea Cucumbers Metabolites as Potent Anti-Cancer Agents.
Sea cucumbers and their extracts have gained immense popularity and interest among researchers and nutritionists due to their nutritive value, potential health benefits, and use in the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases…. most sea cucumber extracts are being studied for their anti-inflammatory functions, immunostimulatory properties, and for cancer prevention and treatment
We have extensively studied the efficacy of this extract in preventing colon cancer in rodent models. In this review, we discuss the anti-inflammatory, immunostimulatory, and anti-tumor properties of sea cucumber extracts.Yang P, et al. Inhibition of proliferation of PC3 cells by the branched-chain fatty acid, 12-methyltetradecanoic acid, is associated with inhibition of 5-lipoxygenase. Prostate 2003; 55(4):281-91. Branched-chain fatty acids or fatty alcohols have been reported to possess anti-tumor activity in various tumor models. Here we study 12-methyltetradecanoic acid (12-MTA), a branched-chain fatty acid, isolated from a sea cucumber extract, on the growth of prostate cancer cells and investigate the underlying mechanisms of its effect
Tong Y, et al. Philinopside A, a novel marine-derived compound possessing dual anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor effects. Int J Cancer 2005; 114(6):843-53. Philinopside A is a novel sulfated saponin isolated from the sea cucumber, Pentacta quadrangulari. results suggest that philinopside A is a promising anti-cancer agent that possesses dual cytotoxic and anti-angiogenic effects that were at least partly due to its inhibitory effects on RTKs.
High-Value Components and Bioactives from Sea Cucumbers for Functional Foods—A Review
- Anti-Hypertension and Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibition
- Wound Healing
A Phase II Trial of TBL12 Sea Cucumber Extract in Patients with Untreated Asymptomatic Myeloma
Twenty patients were enrolled in the study. TBL12 was administered orally at a dose of 2 units (of 20 mL each) twice a day
Of the 20 patients enrolled in the study, 5 patients were taken off the TBL12 protocol due to either personal choice or noncompliance. Among the remaining 15 patients, the length of follow-up ranged from 8.5 months to 31 months, with a median follow-up period of 21 months. The trial was stopped in December 2013. Five of the patients developed progressive disease while receiving TBL12; four of these patients developed new lytic bone lesions and one patient progressed by paraprotein measurement. Including all original 20 patients in the study, the median duration of response was 19.75 months. Excluding the 5 patients who were taken off the TBL12 protocol due to either personal choice or noncompliance, the median duration of response was 21 months.
The patients reported improvement in quality of life measures
17. The following are blogs with discussion about Sea Cucumber: