- Alice Springs Chicken
- Clays Grilled Chicken
- Buffalo Wings
- Cauliflower Chicken Casserole
- Chicken a la King
- Chicken breast w mushrooms in sour cream & Dijon.
- Chicken & Broccoli au gratin
- Chicken Cacciatore a la Romanoff
- Chicken Gravy
- Chicken Salad
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Cornish Game hens
- Fried Chicken
- Guadalajara Chicken
- Parmesan Chicken Wing
- Thanksgiving menu
1. Alice Springs Chicken (based on Outback recipe)
- Take chicken breast filet’s & slice a pocket and stuff it with cheese or cut the chicken breasts in thin strips and put cheese between 2 strips. Gently cook on low temp covered.
- cook some bacon – enough so every piece of chicken has a piece of bacon on top
- Top with cream or cream cheese in the pan drippings OR
- sauce made of Mayo, Dijon & few drops stevia
2. Clays Grilled Chicken (the BEST)
In a pan marinate boneless chicken thighs and or breasts for 8-15 hours in the refrigerator in the following marinate:
- 1 can 7up (can buy one with erythritol or just 7 up)
- 1 c coconut aminos
- 3 T horseradish
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1/2 c olive oil
BBQ out on grill just until done – don’t overcook.
3. Buffalo wings
- hot sauce (I used Cholula Hot Sauce)
- • 1 .5 pounds chicken wingettes
• 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp. cumin
• 1 tbsp. paprika
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried parsleyWash the wings under a bit of cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Remember that you’re working with raw chicken, so it’s important to keep your surfaces and utensils properly sanitized.
-Drop the wings in the bag of spices and drizzle in the olive oil. Shake thoroughly so that each wing is coated with the spice rub mix. Bake 30 min 300 degrees. Then mix melted butter & hot sauce to dip in
- 3 c chicken diced- can buy a rotisserie chicken and take meat off bone and chop
- 1 head cauliflower (abt 4 c) – chopped & cooked
- can rotelle tomatoes
- 8 oz oz shredded cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Sautee onion & bell pepper -Heat can of rotelle tomatoes & cream cheese & mix in chicken & cauliflower & all other ingredients. Put 4 oz cheese on top & cook 350 degrees about 20-25 min.
5. Chicken a la King
- 1/2 c melted butter or coconut oil
- 1T soy flour
- 1 T coconut flour – give it time to expand & thicken before you add more
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c cream
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 c diced cooked chicken
- 8 oz mushrooms
I bake 5 thighs with skin – skin down in oven 1 hour or so. Then take the chicken fat and measure it into a skillet. Add butter or coconut oil to make up ½ c fat. sauté mushrooms & onion, then pull them out and to ½ c butter or coconut oil add 2 T coconut flour and 2 c low sodium chicken broth. Then 1 c cream. Add chicken off bone, pepper, mushrooms & pimentos
6. Chicken breast w mushrooms in sour cream & Dijon
pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and make small pieces size of quarter. (Can pound between parchment or wax paper or use a little soy flour to keep it from sticking as you pound it thin) Then sauté in butter, remove from pan. To pan add sour cream, Dijon mustard and sliced mushrooms.
7. Chicken & broccoli au gratin
- 5-6 chicken thighs cooked & cut up (I do a big batch in crockpot and then package about 6 thighs in a container and freeze it)
- 16 oz package frozen broccoli cooked 5 min in microwave
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 3 oz soft cream cheese
- 1 c greek yogurt (plain) or sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 T almond flour
- 3/4 c feta cheese
- 1 c grated cheese
- put steamed broccoli in baking dish, spread chopped up chicken and feta cheese on top, Beat eggs, cream cheese, cream and almond flour. Pour it over vegetables and chicken and cover with grated cheese. Bake 350 degrees 30-40 min
8. Chicken Cacciatore a la Romanoff
6 organic skinless boneless chicken thighs
½ c carb quick
½ onion – chopped
1 bell pepper – diced
¾ c spaghetti sauce
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
2 clove garlic
½ c white wine
Rinsed chicken, put them on a paper towel and then rolled in carbquick.
Cooked chicken in olive oil until they had a little crisp brown but they were not cooked through- then took them out
Of pan and put in 1/2 medium chopped onion & 1 bell pepper diced sautéed until soft.
Put chicken back in and added spaghetti sauce (organic without sugar) & ½ c white wine & parsley, garlic, salt & pepper. Simmer covered
About 45 min. I served Hubby’s over angel hair pasta, but had mine plain – very good!
9. Chicken Gravy– Butter Cream sauce -amazing with pork, fish and chicken Making sauces and gravy’s in low carb is very difficult since we can’t use flour to thicken it. The Brown butter cream sauce is amazing with fish, especially salmon or other types of meat like chicken and pork. If you need more flavor to your vegetables, pour it over and enjoy!
1. 4 tbsp Butter salted
2. 1 clove Garlic
3. 1/4 cup Chicken broth
4. 1/3 cup Cream
5. 1/2 tsp Salt
6. 1/2 tsp Pepper
1. Brown the butter on a pan with swirling it around over medium heat.
2. Pour the brown butter into a sauce pot and add garlic, chicken broth, cream, salt and pepper.
3. Stir until combined.
4. Lower heat down to simmer.
5. Stir occasionally until the sauce has thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
By Vala Vincent http://lowcarbhighfatrecipes.com
10. Chicken Salad
- I use left over BBQ’d chicken if possible (best flavor) If not, just cubed chicken – but if you just use plain chicken, you need to add some of the homemade Ranch Dressing for flavor (see salads)
- pine nuts
- little raw onion finely diced or chives
11. Chicken vegetable Soup
1. cook whole organic or free range chicken covered with 8c water in crockpot (I cook with bones & gizzards there are more nutrients in broth) Then take chicken out and tear up. In skillet cook following:
- 1 T onion
- 1 onion diced,
- 2 bell peppers diced
- several stalks of celery diced.
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp poultry spice
- 4 cubed turnips (cook in microwavable bag 7 min)
- Saute vegetables in coconut oil until soft then add to pot. Add poultry spice & can chopped green chilies & cubed turnips.
- Optional: add 1 c heavy whipping cream to make a creamy soup
12. Cornish Game hens stuffed with onions & bell
- 1 chicken cut up or favorite pieces and marinate 3 hrs in liquids
- 1 c cream
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 c soy flour
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper
Put wet chicken pieces, in bag with flour & spices. Fry chicken in fry daddy with Canola oil until nice and crisp (about 6 min per batch). Put in oven and bake 25-30 min. can make fried jicama before cook chicken- just make very thin slices of jicama and fry until golden brown and sprinkle with salt.
14. Guadalajara chicken. I often cook about 10-15 chicken thighs in the crock pot on Sunday and put 5 chicken thighs in each container and freeze them so I always have cooked chicken. I thaw out a container and take the meat off the bone. (can cook chicken breasts and cut them up instead). Cook up following and add boned, cooked chicken.
- In 2-3T hot coconut oil sauté
- 1 sm sweet onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- add 1 can Rotelle tomatoes (tomatoes & green chilies)
- 4 oz cream cheese cut in chunks
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c chicken broth
15 . Parmesan Chicken wings –
- 1/2 c melted coconut oil or melted butter in a bowl
- 1 c Parmesan mixed with
- 2 T paprika and
- 2 T parsley.
- Take the chicken wings ( need to buy cut in sections or cut them yourself). dip in oil & then in Parmesan mixture. Put on flat pan covered with parchment and bake 350 degrees 45 min – 1 hr.
16. Thanksgiving menu
- spiced nuts or thyme nuts for appetizer
- fresh guacamole and vegetable strips (can get some chips for people who do not care about carbs)
- phyllo cups with shrimp salad
- gravy (make low carb separate and just thicken with a little guar gum)
- stuffing – made with whole recipe of almond bread cubed, baked, with poultry seasoning. Sauteed onion & celery and cooked jimmy dean sausage – then baked
- mashed potatoes for other people
- cauliflower mashed potatoes for me – mash, mix with 3 T Parmesan and bit of garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, cream, sour cream
- salad with home made ranch dressing
- green bean casserole – best with canned beans I think
- cream cheese & pumpkin pie
- I bought some rolls and cranberries for others. Made my cranberries with fresh or frozen plain berries & water & stevia.