Try to, “lower your ‘sweet thermostat'”, but we all like dessert sometimes. . If you use extracts for flavoring – check to make sure it has no sugar (vanilla, almond, lemon etc) it makes Stevia taste more like sugar
Xylitol has no aftertaste, but it is fatal to dogs
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and can get non GMO. It has cooling aftertaste and is only ¾ as sweet as sugar – so you need more
Stevia – people usually either love or hate. Pure stevia is too sweet and is hard to use in recipes – it does not give bulk. Also, some people notice a bitter aftertaste. Make sure powdered stevia has no maltodextrin or dextrose
Truvia is a blend of stevia and erytrhitol and many people like that.
Sukrin is another blend – it is made in Denmark.
“Sukrin Natural Origin” is erythritol
“Sukrin Gold” is like brown sugar and is good for cookies
“Sukrin melis” is like powdered sugar and it is erythritol and steviol glycosides. Good for icing
Fiber syrup is isomaltooligosaccharides, malt extract and stevia glycosides- good for pecan pie
All have zero net carbs and can be used like sugar. I suggest you taste as you cook – sweeten to taste.
There are a number of different companies that make stevia. The quality, flavor, and sweetness varies from product to product. Your best option is to try a few different brands and choose the one you like best. Here are 2 brands – one says 1 c sugar = 1 T stevia and the other says 1 c sugar = 1 tsp stevia. The difference is Sweetleaf has inulin soluble fiber and Pyure Stevia does not
|2 T stevia = 1 c sugar|
|1 T stevia = 1/2 c sugar
2 tsp stevia = 1/3 c sugar
|1 packet = rougly 2 tsp sugar|
Apple Goodie (apples off tree in backyard- only very small amount)
- Brownies (Low carb! – delicious & just .6 net carbs ea!!)
- Chocolate Chip cookie
- Chocolate Mousse – delicious! good for any group
- Coconut granola – can use for topping
- Coconut cream pie
- Hot cocoa-
- Ice Cream & chocolate sauce & vanilla sauce
- Kellys Awesome dessert
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Raspberry coconut oil, cream cheese frozen bites
- Vanilla Cream Soda– 1 g carb, .8 g protein
- Walnut Fudge
- Zucchini Chocolate cake – smaller and maybe even better!
- Zucchini Cake – fantastic
1. Apple Goodie – Yum. be careful, I can only eat a very small amount of this- just a small spoonful.
- 4 c cut crab apples from my tree (my crab apples are about 1 1/2 -2 inches across so I use about 12 apples) I leave on skin but avoid any imperfections and do not include seeds or core (or worms ha ha)
- cut & washed apples in a pie pan –
- few drops stevia (depends on how sweet apples are)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Bake about 30 min in 350 degree oven. I usually cover this with foil so it doesn’t get dry.
Then put some in bowl and sprinkle on Coconut Granola (recipe below)
- 4 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tsp -2 T powdered stevia (Stevia brands differ – want taste like 1 c sugar)
- 1 c almond meal (ground almonds)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 375. Melt butter in small saucepan and add chocolate into it. cook on low stirring. Then put in bowl, add rest of ingredients. Put in 8×8″ pan. Bake 20 min. Cut it into small brownies – 8 x 8 = 64 brownies & they are net .7g carb each!!! Serve with homemade whipped cream using heavy cream, vanilla and stevia.
Minute Chocolate Cookie
Chocolate cookie that bakes in less than a minute in the microwave
- 3 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp -1T powdered Stevia (as much sweetener as 1/2 c sugar)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T unsweetened organic cocoa
- Spray a small glass container (3-4″ circumference) with cooking spray.
- Measure out almond flour, baking powder and Truvia in a separate bowl and mix.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 15-30 secs and add vanilla.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white.
- Combine butter, yolk, and vanilla with your dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate and spread the batter forming an even layer.
- Microwave 45 seconds up to one minute
- Let your cookie cool to room temperature (it will be crisp *and* soft) and delicious.
3. Chocolate (to put in mold) Can make own chocolate chips with this recipe if have right mold
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 oz food grade cocoa butter
- 4 T heavy cream,
- 1/8 tsp salt,
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond or peppermint extract
- 1/2tsp-liquid stevia (to taste)
Melt baking chocolate, cocoa butter until melted stirring constantly. add enough cream to thicken, remove from heat, stir in stevia and extract. Pour into molds and refrigerate until set
make above chocolate, spread on parchment and top with any combination of nuts – macadamia nuts, toasted almonds, cashews, etc.
4. Chocolate Mousse- could use as a frosting or topping on another dessert
- 2 oz butter softened
- 2 oz cream cheese- softened
- 3 oz heavy cream – whipped.
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 packets of truvia few drops of stevia
use hand mixer to whip cream until fairly stiff. In separate bowl use hand mixer to mix butter, cream cheese, cocoa & sweetener. Then mix both together. Spoon into small glasses and Refrigerate
Total recipe has 950 cal, 100 g fat, 10 net carbs (13-3) and 9 protein
5. Coconut Granola (make this up and keep in fridge. Have 1/4 c of this with 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk & 1 T cream – like granola snack. Or it is wonderful as topping on Apple Goodie)
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp powdered stevia (be sure it is pure stevia)
- 3/4 c chopped nuts – walnuts, pecans etc
- 3 T cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- when cooked, can sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
Melt coconut oil in big skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients, spread on parchment and put in 350 degree oven about 10 stirring frequently. You want it lightly browned but not burned. The sprinkle with salt.
6. Coconut cream pie. This was delicious but it has some xantham gum and erythritol – so eat a small amount.
Coconut Cream Pie Yield: 12 servings Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup carbquik
- 2 tbsp granulated erythritol
- 1/2 tsp guar or xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, well-chilled and cut into small chunks
- 2 – 4 tbsp ice water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp liquid Stevia Extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- whipped cream – 1 c heavy whipping cream whipped with hand mixer to peaks. Add 2 packets Truvia
- unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted
- Combine almond flour, carbquik, erythritol, guar gum and salt in the bowl.
- Add butter, mix.
- Press in 9-inch pie pan
- bake 350F 15 -17 min (watch carefully)
- Bring cream to just a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- whisk eggs and egg yolk and erythritol. Slowly stir in about 2/3 cup of hot cream, whisking continuously, to temper. Then slowly whisk tempered egg mixture back into cream.
- Cook another 5 minutes, whisking continuously, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and stevia. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk briskly to combine. Stir in shredded coconut.
- Let mixture cool 30 minutes, then spread in baked pie crust. Chill in fridge at least 2 to 3 hours.
Serves 12. Each serving has 9 g of carbs and 6 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3 g.
Other Nutritional Facts: 383 Calories; 38g Fat (85.9% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber
7. hot cocoa – melt 1/4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate in 3/4 c water in mug in microwave. Add 1 T butter, coconut oil & 2-3 T heavy cream & stevia
8.Kelly’s awesome dessert
1st layer – mix and press in 8 x 12 pan, bake 10-15 min & cool
- 1 ½ c melted butter
- 1 ½ c almond flour or baking mix
- 1 c sliced almonds
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and blended with
- 1 ½ c heavy cream whipped with sweetener
- Whipped cream with sweetener
- Top layer – fresh berries
- warm 1 1/4 c heavy cream in pan
- add 3-4 egg yolks
- 2T vanilla stevia (liquid)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
cook until slightly thick. Cool and pour into Popsicle molds and freeze. May need to microwave 15 -20 seconds to get the Popsicle out.
9. Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 3/4 C pecans (finely chopped)
- 3/4 C almond flour (meal)
- 4 T butter (melted)
- 1-3 packets Stevia (pinch powdered stevia)
Combine pecan and almond mixtures. Stir melted butter into the nut mixture. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a springform pan. Set aside while you make filling. I use a 9 inch springform pan.
16 oz cream cheese (softened)
2tsp- 2 T powdered Stevia (check side of stevia- they differ_
15 oz. can of pumpkin
3/4 C sour cream
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 T of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t salt
4 large eggs, room temperature
Blend cream cheese with the stevia until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients except the eggs together well. Then add eggs one at a time until blended. Pour over the crust.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Run a knife around the outside edge of the pan to loosen and to keep it from cracking. Let cool completely.
After it cools refrigerate the cheesecake overnight. Cheesecake may shrink from the sides while cooling.
10 Raspberry, coconut oil & cream cheese bites.
- 8 oz organic cream cheese
- 3/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1/2 jar sugar free raspberry preserves
- few squirts stevia – to taste
Put all of the above in blender and blend 2 minutes until smooth. Put mini cupcake papers in 3 mini cupcake pans (so there will be 36 raspberry bites.) Pour a little in each cupcake paper and freeze. After frozen, pop out of pans and put them in a bag in the freezer – YUM
11. Vanilla Cream soda ( 1 g carb, .8 g protein)
- fill glass with ice & add club soda leaving room for syrup & cream
- 2 T heavy Cream
- little stevia to taste
11. WALNUT FUDGE
• 120g/ 4.2 oz butter melted
• 120g / 4.2 oz cream cheese softened
• 3 tbs dark cocoa powder
• 2 tsp- 2 tbs granulated stevia – depending on brand
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 40g / 1.5 oz walnut pieces
1. Mix the melted butter and the softened cream cheese until there are no lumps.
2. Add the cocoa, stevia and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the walnuts and gently mix.
4. Place into a lined dish, or plate. Put in the fridge to set.
5. Slice and serve.
Serving size: 1piece
Calories: 134 Fat: 14.1g Carbohydrates: 2.2g Sugar: 0.5g Fibre: 1.1gProtein: 1.8g
12. Zucchini Chocolate Cake – fantastic and smaller than #13 below- It was moist and delicious. Could have topped it with whipped cream or one of the fudge recipes would be wonderful icing. The cake below has a frosting recipe
4 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate
6 oz butter
6 oz cream cheese
2 tsp-2 T powdered stevia depending on brand
1 c almond meal
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 small zucchini – grated
Melt butter and chocolate in glass bowl. Add rest of ingredients and blend with blender (I just use hand blender). Put in 9×9 glass or ceramic pan
Bake 20 min.
13. Zucchini Cake (fantastic)
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 12 T butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2tsp- 2 T Stevia depending on brand
- 7 large eggs
- 1 pound zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry (about two medium zucchinis)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 3 C almond meal
- 1/2 C finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 T ground cinnamon
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter two 8-inch cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. In a very large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the sweetener and beat until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the zucchini and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the almond meal, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir into the zucchini mixture. Divide the batter between the two pans. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for five minutes before turning the layers out onto the rack to finish cooling. Place one layer on a cake platter. Spread the top with frosting (see below). Top with the second layer and frost the top and sides. Refrigerate until the frosting is set. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 package)
- 1/2 tsp stevia (taste – brands differ)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 t finely grated orange rind
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the sweetener, vanilla, and orange rind, and continue beating until fluffy.